Bob and the pastor at Sovereign Grace Pasadena prayed that those folks who had decided not to come to the APL seminar would come anyway... and here's what happened:
____
Bob,
I attended the prayer seminar this past weekend at Sovereign Grace Church and just wanted to say thanks so much. I learned a lot and have been doing my best to apply it to my life. I also wanted to share with you my own very recent experience which will hopefully be encouraging.
I just recently turned 17 and along with that I tried out and joined the high school worship team at my church (Lake Avenue). A week ago I found out the songs I needed to learn for my first time playing on the worship team. (Something that is important to mention is that I am terrified of things like public speaking and performing, I usually get light-headed and have to sit down during in order not to faint.)
This had been on my mind all week, building up until I had almost convinced myself that I was going to mess up or faint during my first time in front of my high school youth group (about 100-150 kids).
Earlier in the week, some of my friends had invited me to go to your prayer seminar, and up until Thursday I had decided I wasn't going to go. At the last minute I decided to go, and I'm glad I did because the timing couldn't have been better.
That Saturday evening after the seminar my worries and fears had gotten pretty bad, but I was praying even more than I already had been and in a different way, and I later learned that other family members and friends had also been praying for me. I woke up Sunday morning (yesterday) extremely nervous, but I continued to pray in a state of helplessness.
Anyways, I mainly wanted to tell you that as I walked up on stage with my guitar for the first time ever as a worship leader, I felt at peace, with no worries or fears, but rather with joy and heart abandoned at the fact that God had answered my prayers for his strength and support. The seminar helped me so much, and I felt I needed to share this with you and say thanks.
Ben XXXX
____
Cool, huh??
No comments:
Post a Comment