Monday, June 27, 2011

MNA learning to pray! / Bob / May

Team,
This nice note came in from one of Phil Ryken's church planters when he was at 10th (before the presidency of Wheaton College). Adam Brice is now planting a Church near the Perdue campus and he came to the MNA conf last month in Naperville. 

Possible article idea: How Church Planters use PL (or POJ after the next two MNA conferences that Paul, Lyle and Drew are going to do.)
Bob,

We met at the MNA conference in Chicago.  Just wanted to send a quick note to tell you that your time with us has really helped my prayer life.  I’ve been using the system with the cards and trying to approach prayer with the teaching about the relational aspect of prayer in mind.  I feel like God is rejuvenating my prayer life somewhat as I’m praying more regularly, much more specifically, and more boldly.  I’ve already seen some surprising answers to smaller requests and I’m gaining confidence that God will do even greater things in my life, my family, and my church as I’m praying to him.  I also think I’m growing in my conviction about doing everything in life and ministry through prayer... though I still have much to learn along those lines.
Anyway, I mainly wanted to write to thank you for your ministry to me, and to encourage you to keep up the good work.
Warm regards,
Adam Brice, Church Planter
Two Cities Church (PCA)
Lafayette/West Lafayette, IN

No comments:

Post a Comment