Friday, September 9, 2011

Peru / Richard / Sept 2011

Greetings Praying Friend,


It went well in Piura both in the evening Person of Jesus training Monday - Wednesday and the hour plus sessions with the high school students on Wednesday-Thursday mornings. There were 50 students with only 6 or so believers in the group. The POJ training started with over 80 participants on Monday and ended with 103 on Wednesday. I taught two lessons on Monday, trained 30 people to teach a section of lesson 4 on Tuesday, and had 12 of those leaders teach either lesson 7 or 9 in groups of 15-20 in each group on Wednesday night. The pastor and wife, Jorge and July (pronounced as Julie) were thrilled with the training. We are talking about me returning to Piura in April to do more Small Group Leadership Training. They anticipate using the Person of Jesus material in their small groups and want follow-up training.


July also corrected and improved the translation I have in Spanish for lesson 1-4 of A Praying Life training material (the old PrayerLife). I will use lesson 1-2 next week at a church on Thursday evening. July had translated lesson 1 from the Person of Jesus back in 2005! That is what I first used in the trip to Peru in 2005.

Tonight I begin working with the leadership team (50-70) at the Miraflores (Lima) Alliance Church. They oversee the 200+ small groups the church has. We will also meet all day tomorrow.

Ellen got her new job with CL Weber, thanks to our pastor, Andy Hudson. I had worked there in 2008 as I transitioned to seeJesus. We are happy to see how quickly God provided a job for her in this turned-down economy.

I have spent most of the day in bed, running to the bathroom on a "need" basis. I appreciate your prayers as I lead the training tonight. I am taking steps to recuperate and plan to be good to go later today. At least that is what I am praying.

Thanks for helping others see and reflect Jesus!

Richard


Wednesday Night POJ Training 

Pastor Jorge & July Merino

Students after Thursday study on Jesus

With the Students

Participant leading a POJ lesson


No comments:

Post a Comment