From Christ Church of China
Hi Bob,
Good to hear from you! Really, we're the ones who should be thanking you. Honestly, I don't know where we'll find a speaker like you next year - not only did you preach Jesus to us, but you were accessible (enjoyable!) to all our people from young to old, and you opened yourself to us. I feel (and I know many of us feel) that you have helped to launch us into a year of knowing and following our Lord in our church. Please be praying for us - especially for a number of new friends and seekers who now have a stronger sense of Jesus and his compassion, of the reality and beauty and worth of Jesus. I also hope you were encouraged by the testimonies on the last night.
As for quotes, I've asked some of our members:
"Bob, your practical lessons for being compassionate like Jesus will help me forever!"
"I was vividly and humbly reminded of the Jesus who saw people and loved enough to give Himself completely to us - even to the point of death. That is the Jesus we are called to follow because He is so worthy."
"Bob is an inspirational speaker with a gift for teaching and sharing the Word of God in the most delightful way. It was a pleasure to listen to his talks. He revealed the person of Jesus with familiar stories and parables, but in surprising ways that I had missed before. It was such a blessing and a privilege to have him speak at our Summer conference this year."
"He's a really good speaker. I really enjoyed the talks!"
Hope that helps! Please keep in touch, especially if you ever come through Vancouver!
Steve
No comments:
Post a Comment